Course: DCC - Certified Document Controller
Best Practices in Document Control
Do you want to become a Consepsys Certified Document Controller?
This course is the gateway to the certification:
Provided by Consepsys
Who is it for?
Download course brochure
1. Introduction to Document Control
- What is Document Control and the role of the Document Controller
2. The Basics of Document Control
- Document control checks and gatekeeping
3. Document Identification
- How to make sure that document are identifiable
- Means of identification (numbering, metadata, document description, file naming…)
4. Document Classifying, Filing & Information Security
- How to organise documents and manage information security
5. Documents Lifecycle
- What is the lifecycle of technical documents?
- Document creation, modification, review cycle, comments, approval
- How to manage documents at each step of their life
- How to avoid misuse of obsolete documents
6. Document Distribution
- How to ensure an efficient and relevant distribution of documents
7.A Project Document Control
- Specifics of Project Document Control ;
- Managing deliverables; Flow of project documents
Interactions with Client, Contractors, Sub-contractors, Suppliers, Vendors
- Master Deliverable Register (MDR)
7.B Unit 7-B: As-Built and Final Documentation
- Specifics of As-Built / Final Documentation
Document Controller tasks during As-Built phase
8. Document Control Procedures and Specifications
- Why do we need procedures? Which subjects should be included in a Document Control Procedure?
9. Electronic Document Management Systems
- Which software packages are used by Document Controllers? What are the functionalities of Document Control Software Packages? How can it help Document Controllers?
10. Interactions with project teams, engineering teams, managers
- How to support technical teams? How to manage work pressure? How to manage difficult situations?
At the end of this course, you are eligible to sit the internationally recognized certification examination.
>>>More 2024 dates will be published by the end of 2023<<<
Our programme has been adopted by thousands of professionals in 112+ countries, 22 timezones, and 850+ organisations worldwide, in 65 activity sectors.
A small sample of Client References:
After completing this course, you are eligible to sit the Consepsys Certification Examination for the Certified Document Controller level.
Why become a Consepsys Certified Document Controller?