LIVE ONLINE OPTION (Instructor-Led Virtual Classroom)
What is the Live Online option?
- All the Consepsys face-to-face courses are now available in a virtual classroom environment (live online, instructor-led).
- Consepsys has developed a cutting-edge training course & examination environment, which ensures the validity and integrity of the course and online examination.
- How does it work? Watch this video
Who can attend the Live Online sessions?
- Everyone! You will need a good internet connection though, as well as a webcam and a headset or earphones of good quality.
- As our clients are scattered over 21 timezones, several sessions may be organised to better fit certain timezones. On the webpage for each course, under the section "Locations and Dates",
sub-section "Virtual Classroom", you will see an indication on the timezone each session has been optimised for.
When will the live online sessions be?
- You can find date options for each course here:
Why is the number of course participants limited for the Live Online classroom?
- The number of participants is limited, in order to maintain the same quality standard as that which our Clients have been enjoying in the face-to-face option for the past 10 years
- The live online option is made to be interactive, as for the face-to-face option: it allows questions from participants, group work, interactive workshops & tutorials.
Can I attend the examination online too?
- Yes, it is indeed possible, thanks to the cutting-edge online examination environment developed by Consepsys.
- For more details, please refer to the examination section on this FAQ
Back to top
What is included in the course fee for live online courses (instructor-led)?
- Included in the fee:
- tuition via online delivery platform
- digital course material (excluding copyrights) via online delivery platform
- paperback course material (via courier)
- free pre-course short syllabus
- certification examination (for DCC & DCM courses only) via our cutting-edge online examination platform
- certificates delivered in hardcopy
How do I pay for training courses?
- Payment options include: direct bank transfer, debit/credit card, and PayPal
All courses must be paid upfront
- Course registration will be formally confirmed by email upon receipt of payment
Consepsys Limited requires full payment of course fees to be settled 7 days after issuance of the invoice.
When do I pay?
- Sufficient lead time is needed for course logistics and administrative tasks. For this reason, Consepsys Limited requires full payment of course fees to be settled 7 days after issuance of
- All registrations are closed 31 days prior to the start of the course session, at the latest.
- Course registration will be formally confirmed by email upon receipt of payment.
After payment, what are the next steps?
- Upon receipt of payment, a Course Enrollment Confirmation Notice will be sent to each Course Participant by email including logistics, timetable, technical requirements, etc.
Is it possible to pay by instalments?
- Yes, you may pay by instalments. We will just need to have received the full amount 30 days at the latest prior to the start of the course.
- To do so, fill out the enrolment form here: https://www.consepsys.com/contact-us/register-on-a-course/
- Select "other payment types"
- In the “special invoicing instructions”, indicate that you would like to pay by instalments, as well as how many instalments would suit you (please note that full payment of all
instalments must be received 30 days at the latest prior to the start of the course.)
- We will then send you an invoice, with information about instalments schedule and payment methods
- Once full payment for the course is received, we will send you the Joining Instructions for the course
We are several course participants from the same company, can we expect a discount on the course
Yes, you can. Please contact us to discuss discounts and preferred conditions. You may contact us via our online enquiry form.
What is the course schedule?
- Each course is split over 5 half-days (3.5 hours each day)
- Start time and finish time depend on your timezone: you can find an indication on our website for each live course session. Quick links:
We would like to organise an in-company course session. Is it possible?
- Yes, it is. Please contact us here to discuss your requirements.
What kind of certificate will I receive?
- For all courses (DCC, DCA, DCM, MGR), a Certificate of Attendance is issued to each participant who satisfactorily completes the course.
- In addition, for the “Certified Document Controller Course” (DCC) and the“Certified Lead Document Controller Course” (DCM), the course also includes an individual 3-hour certification
examination: An Examination Pass Certificate is awarded to each participant who successfully passes the course certification examination.
- Certificates delivered in hardcopy (and electronic copy if required)
Certification examination (for ‘DCC’ & ‘DCM’ Courses)
- Certification examination sessions apply only to “Certified Document Controller Course” (DCC) and “Certified Lead Document Controller Course” (DCM).
- Certification examination sessions can be taken:
- In a face-to-face set-up in specific locations (in that case, the certification examination usually takes place on the last afternoon/morning of the course)
- Online via our online examination platform (in that case, several date options will be proposed to candidates)
- It is an individual closed-book examination. Participants have up to 3 hours to complete the examination paper.
How does the online certification examination work? Is it as strong as the face-to-face examination?
- Consepsys has developed a cutting-edge certification examination environment, which ensures the validity and integrity of the online examination. It also ensures consistency in terms of
difficulty and security, to maintain fairness and to create a reliable equivalence with the face-to-face examination.
- The level of security for online examination is very high. It includes validation of identity, scanning of examination room, live exam invigilator and artificial intelligence to monitor the
behaviour of candidate and to prevent fraud (cheating). Cases of fraud or inadequate behaviour during the examination will lead to disqualification. Clear examination ground rules are given in
advance to participants, so that they can prepare adequately.
- In case of a pass mark, the candidate will receive, along with the Examination Pass Certificate, a letter explaining the levels of security and antifraud measures taken during the exam. This
letter can then be presented to the candidate's employer to justify the level of certification.
What happens if I do not obtain a pass mark?
- It is possible to re-take the examination
- The participant is not required to attend the whole course again, he/she can just register for the examination
- The examination fee shall be paid in case of re-take
Which course should I attend? DCC? DCA? DCM? MGR?
- Each course content is different, and all our courses are complementary. The comparative table presents the main
subject covered and the extent of coverage.
- We highly recommend to attend the Certified Document Controller Course (DCC) first:
- This course covers the best practices of Document Control and how to improve your current procedure / system / organisation in light of those best practices.
- Most DC professionals have learnt ‘on-the-job’ with no formal training or education in Document Control, and this is why we highly recommend to always start with the Certified
Document Controller Training Course (DCC) first, whatever the level of previous experience in Document Control.
- Most of the participants to the DCC course are actually experienced (sometimes over 20-years experience) Document Control professionals who are attending the course to compare what
they are doing with the best practices, and to find out if there are possible loopholes, and improvements possible to the process.
- The certification examination for the DCC level is also the only one certifying the actual experience and knowledge as a Document Controller.
- Our recommended syllabus can be found here: https://www.consepsys.com/training-courses/recommended-syllabus/
What kind of course material will I receive?
- The course material is delivered in a digital format, protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management) and accessible via the live online delivery platform.
Which Document Control Software Package or EDMS do you use during the course?
- No Document Control software package ot EDMS is used nor required during our courses;
- We are not affiliated to any Document Control software vendors, therefore we are independent;
- Our courses cover the competency and skill aspect of the Document Control profession, which allows to adapt to any Electronic Document Management System.
I am not sure whether these courses apply to my industry.
- For DCC, DCA, DCM, NDC courses: Document Control is applied in a wide variety of activity sectors and practices are remarkably uniform across all sectors. So far, we have trained
professionals from 60 activity sectors, including but not limited to Oil and Gas, Mining, Building Construction, Chemicals, Refining, Pharmaceutical, Medical, Nuclear, Food and Beverages,
Renewable Energy, Waste Treatment, Aviation, Aeronautics, Airports, Automotive, Architecture, Marine, Logistics, Digital, Bank, and many more.
- For MGR courses: The course / workshop methodology is targeted at leaders, regardless of the sector of activity or their industry of origin. The workshops and activities have been designed to
be relatable to individuals from all sorts of professional backgrounds.
- Please contact us to find out whether our courses would apply to your industry sector.
How do I enroll / register?
1. Fill out our online request for enrollment
- If you opt for "Pay by Card", you will be taken to the payment platform at the end of the enrolment form.
- If you opt for "Other Payment Types", we will then send you an invoice. Payment is due 7 days after issuance of invoice.
2. Once payment is confirmed, your enrollment will be validated by our team.
3. Upon validation of your payment and enrolment, we will send you a Course Enrollment Confirmation Notice, including all practical details for the course.
When should I enrol?
- To avoid any disappointment, we strongly recommend to our clients to confirm their enrolment as early as possible, and not to wait until the last minute, as our course sessions can fill up
quite quickly (seats are limited).
What are the pre-requisites to attend the training courses?
- Each specific course brochure contains a section on pre-requisites. Please refer to the relevant brochure: DCC, DCA, DCM, MGR
What is Document Control?
Watch our video "What is Document Control [in less than 3 minutes]" or read the full definition here.
Who is Consepsys?
You can find more information about who we are here: Why Choose Consepsys?
Is there a local branch/subsidiary for Consepsys Limited in my country?
- Unless you are based in the United Kingdom, Consepsys Limited does not have a local branch/subsidiary in your country.
- We are registered and based in the United Kingdom and we travel around the world to deliver our training, certification programs and consultancy services. We have trained thousands of
professionals, from 90+ countries, 60+ activity sectors & industries, 19 timezones and all continents.
Contact us through our online enquiry form